Let’s look at how a normal or “not so good” consultant can position themselve to be a GOOD recruitment consultant:
1) Try to responds to every CV/resume that you receive. Even an auto-responds is appreciated. Candidates will not want to send their CV to you and there are zero respond.
2) Only ask them for an interview when you have a job that are really a good fit. If you as a consultant, ask the candidates for an interview and if you are giving them an impression that you have nothing on hand, it will be a total waste of time for them and usually candidates do not like this kind of consultants.
3) Give more advises to them professionally in their resume writing, interview skills and how they ought to be dress. If you were to show them with sincerity, they will appreciate it.
4)Follow up with them if possible, once you receive their CV, give them a ring or drop them a short note on the email, it is a good start in the professional relationship.
5) If you have arranged the interview and the client do not think they are good, it is always good to advise them about the situation, even if it is a bad news it is still a news. If you were to keep quiet about it, the candidate will feel even worst.
6) Advise them on the actual job duties as detailed as possible to the candidates, if you are unsure, please make an effort to find out from the client, if you were to talk “rubbish” and bluff your way out, you will lose this candidate forever and your name will be ruined in the market.
7) Never sell the job for the sake of closing the case. I do really understand that there are always KPI and targets to hit but things will get even worst if you were to sell the job and eventually the candidate leave the company hastily or even create chaos in the company, if that happens, not only you do not hit the KPI, your manager or your boss will grill you upside down when that happens!
8) Be honest, be real and be what you are. pretending and acting will not get you too far….
Dougles Chan is the recruitment Guru ,a Personal Mentor, Business Adviser and also a Web Sales Expert that assist clients in their business needs in recruitment and sales, specialised in creation of sales, leads and traffic in many industries including employment agencies, advertising agencies, gifting industry, education industry, training industry, software industry and many others. His clients comes from Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, Germany and many other countries.
He is the author of Job Seekers Power Manual and recruitment agency manual – Financial Success in Recruitment Industry which had received tremendous praises from job seekers and CEO and Directors of companies all over the world.